Our Art border for this page was inspired by William Shakespeare
It has been an excellent half-term for Year 6 and I have been hugely impressed with the way in which the class has settled back into school life. I have enjoyed getting to know this class and I am confident that we have a great year ahead of us. The children have really impressed me with their attitudes towards learning and eagerness to take on new challenges. Year 6 presents lots of challenges and it's great to see that the class are ready to take them on!
Here are some of the highlights from the last 8 weeks:
- Whitby Day!
- Raising money on a charity walk to Kenilworth Castle
- Creating stop animation videos of a Mayan myth
- Designing and making chocolate boxes (ready to be filled with chocolate next half-term!)
- Working on our fitness in Boot Camp PE lessons
- Writing their very own Mayan myth
- Cooking apple chutney, ready to be taken home and given as a gift at Christmas
- Creating welcome videos for prospective new parents
- Team Captain presentations and videos...
not to mention all of the excellent learning that has been taking place on a daily basis.
Year 6 definitely deserve a rest. There is no official home learning to be done over half-term, but please continue to read regularly and feel free to write a book review for our 'Bookflix' catalogue. Also, please think about the topic for your presentation. The presentation weeks are in the second and third weeks after half-term (weeks commencing the 9th and 16th November). Please tell me the title of your presentation on the first day after half-term.
Have a great half-term everyone!